Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » PoserAddicts II » Store Wishlist

Post subject: Anything to Support Creech
 Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:02 pm 

Now, I'm willing to accept that perhaps I am biased but I think this is the most well made figure released in Poser 8, in fact I'm sure of it. He makes use of the rigging shapes new to Poser 8 and there is also a universal rig of him for legacy users. A ton of people have him so it's a great opportunity for someone. Imagine all the zaney possibilities. The poor guy has to run around naked all the time now and that is just NOT right!

Post subject: Re: Anything to Support Creech
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:41 pm 

Lol.Never notice this figure*g*
Looks cool.
Is there anywhere a wishlist thread for him ?
Im wondering if there are really ppl outside that wants to have clothing for him.
But maybe a good job for a freebie .
What will you see for this figure ?
Greets Karth

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:08 pm 

Karth wrote:
Lol.Never notice this figure*g*
Looks cool.
Is there anywhere a wishlist thread for him ?
Im wondering if there are really ppl outside that wants to have clothing for him.
But maybe a good job for a freebie .
What will you see for this figure ?
Greets Karth

Thanks. There's a request thread over at Poser World that has got some discussion but I doubt those guys will ever get to it since there's really only one modeler over there.
http://poserworld.com/desktopdefault.as ... &tabid=171

Royloo and myself put together a little coat and hat set for him which is available over at Content Paradise.
http://www.contentparadise.com/productD ... x?id=11099

I feel like he's the highest quality/ most overlooked freebie figure out there.
I guess people don't love the classic monsters the way I do. I'm still happy we created him.

As for what ideas I have for clothing, it occurs to me that a lab coat would make him pass for The Lizzard, from Spiderman. I just want to have items for him that will make him more versatile so more folks will use him. Ripped, torn clothing such as my "Transformation (Made for the Manitou)" http://www.contentparadise.com/productD ... px?id=8981

A pants and shirt set would be cool. Maybe he could be a civilized monster. :)

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Regards,
Brent

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:06 pm 

Hi
Here is a Quickie..maybe thats help to have a bit more fun.
Template is in geometriefolder.
Im usually doing no rigging in Poser 8. So maybe you need to adjust joints.
Cloth is in Library Folder *g* Im doing too much Poser 7.
Thats the only thing i can do at the moment...i have a long requestlist here*g*
Greets Karth

http://www.karthfun.de/ablage/freebies/karth_free_crsuit.zip

Attachments:
crsuit.jpg
crsuit.jpg [ 91.38 KiB | Viewed 15875 times ]

Post Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:19 pm 

Wow! Thanks Karth! I'm going to play with this right now.

Regards,
Brent

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:07 am 

Check this one out Karth!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:11 am 

Coooooooooooooooooll
that could be nice movie scene *g*
Cool dirty car :)
Thanks for sharing.
Karth

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:33 pm 

After your post on the FemaSu 2011 Freebie Compendium thread, I went looking for your Creech, since you hadn't responded to my query about where he might be aquired.

I think I have figured out why you've had such a problem with growing a community support base. He's VERY difficult to track down. Even after having blown a half hour of dedicated search engine poking, it isn't clear to me where you can get him. My best guess is the only way to aquire him is by buying Poser 8.

This makes getting community support and a good freebies bank VERY challenging. The usual pool of community freebie makers is a very mixed bag, but they tend to have one thing in common -- very limited CG budget. It's what drives most of them to make the freebies and share them.

If Creech is available another way as well, you need to advertise this fact. People can't support what they can't find. Bear in mind that most of them aren't going to go out of their way to find your figure. It has to be waved in front of them to catch their interest. Repeatedly. With an access path that doesn't require more than a linkie-click.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:49 pm 

Thanks for your post. And yes, you are correct on all counts. I'm working on a plan to offer him for free, perhaps here actually. In the mean time I will send you a PM with a link to acces the files.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,
Brent

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:55 pm 

Greybro wrote:
Thanks for your post. And yes, you are correct on all counts. I'm working on a plan to offer him for free, perhaps here actually. In the mean time I will send you a PM with a link to acces the files.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,
Brent

Good, good. I'm sure we can get some sort of grassroot support going for him once he's prominently available and it becomes only a matter of directing the right attention in his direction.

Monsters, aliens and other nonhuman figures CAN gain a good fan following in the community if they're not sabotaged by their brokerages and makers. (Daz is actually very bad about this. Look at the Daz Troll and Frogkin. Could have been huge, yet still languishing without support and advertising.) Some of the very coolest figures are in this category and people do tend to love playing with them when they're exposed to them the right way.

I won't make any promises, but I will do my best by him. It helps that Karth has done something for him. The first freebie is always the hardest to get made. Once there's so much as a single outfit or props set for something that appears in renders, people start seeing possibilities and getting ideas and wanting more stuff... which leads to freebies if the commercial crew doesn't automatically go nuts over something and turn on the production machine like they did with Mavka and a number of the Nursoda faeries.

First though, we need to get him where people can get their hands on him. ;) Let me know when that's done and we can begin working out a battle plan from there.

Board index » PoserAddicts II » Store Wishlist