Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » PoserAddicts II » Product Showcase

Post subject: Diamonds & Rust for Battler Is Here!
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:26 am 

Diamonds & Rust for Battler is on its way.

It's a whole lapidary of intense, rich color and texture, seven sets in all (lucky lucky seven) for use in Daz Studio. (Ruby and Jade shown above on M3 and M4)

Last edited by Wayii on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Coming Soon For Battler...
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:22 pm 

How amazing this looks!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:30 pm 

Yanelis wrote:
How amazing this looks!

Awe thanks, Yanelis. =^_^= I'm extremely happy with how it came out. These Royloo meshes have really challenged me to exceed myself and I've really enjoyed working with them. They look even better in the hands of someone who's good at lighting. You should see what some of these look like when Renderscott gets his hands on them. They just jump right off the screen.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

Well I think that Royloo's stuff is great, I waited two long years for him to agree to come to PoserAddicts, and I think the wait is worth it. And with great texturists like you, who love working with Royloo's products I am seeing that I was right.

You know, its funny, many merchants I asked in the past to texture Royloo's products complained that his templates were everything from awesome to horrid. I have seen really bad templates in my 10 years in Posering, so I didn't see where the problem is.

Your texturing proves to me that some awesome stuff is possible with Royloo's products. I look forward to seeing more from you!!!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:02 am 

Well I'm not going to say that they're easy to work. They are some of the most challenging UVs I've ever put fabrics to. But when done right, working with his mesh instead of just flooding areas with material, the results can be and often are nothing short of spectacular. This is intensely rewarding.

I think the problems lie in how much of an investment and how much actual RL artistic skill a texture artist has to put into them. A lot of people want to put in a minimal amount of effort to achieve a good result and a lot of people aren't actually very skilled at real art. Graphics programs can only do so much for you. Royloo's meshes demand both from the texturer. They are not at all forgiving.

But in the end, I think they're more than worth the effort and the challenge they present. They're beautiful works of art. I'm honored to be able to support them and fully intend to work my way through a great deal of his catalog as the months pass.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:59 am 

Diamonds & Rust should be available any day now. I think it may be my best set yet. I didn't think I could beat Merovingian, but I did.

Clickie the image for a much closer look.

Last edited by Wayii on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:32 pm 

Looks great! I love the textures and detail to your sets.

BTW, what hair product did you use in the promo. I don't recognize it.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:36 pm 

Wayii wrote:
Diamonds & Rust should be available any day now. I think it may be my best set yet. I didn't think I could beat Merovingian, but I did.

Clickie the image for a much closer look.

The one on the M3 in red is Caleb Hair and the one on M4 in green is a hair prop that came with one of the free japanese sets over on Poser Club Japan. I added Mega Hair to that for the last image because I wanted the fringe over the face look.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:52 am 

Wayii wrote:
The one on the M3 in red is Caleb Hair

Yes, that one I recognized.

Wayii wrote:
The one on M4 in green is a hair prop that came with one of the free japanese sets over on Poser Club Japan. I added Mega Hair to that for the last image because I wanted the fringe over the face look.

AHA! OK, didn't think it was a hair prop I'd seen anywhere. :)

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:06 am 

Woot! It's here!

And what's even better is that Yanelis is doing a set of .pz2's as a free add-on for the Poserfolk! That's right, give some love to the wonderful Yane, for she is the bringer of Poserness for the D&R. (Coming in a reasonable defining of soon.)

Board index » PoserAddicts II » Product Showcase