Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » PoserAddicts II » Product Showcase

Post subject: Femasu new vs Femasu old
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:40 am 

I have the original Femasu, how is the new one different?? are any of the new item compatable with the old version. or is this compleatly starting over??

Post subject: Re: Femasu new vs Femasu old
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:17 pm 

It is a completely new built FemaSu. Thats why she is called FemaSu 2011.
I don't have the first one, but what I know from the new and what I read is that she is easier to use, got more and new morphs and she comes with a lot of clothing, poses and props support right from the start.

We will take care that there is ongoing support with new items, so you will have a lot of fun with this outstanding character. I read several times in other forums, that she is well worth to be bought and especially for this reduced introduction price.

Please also have a look on the PA exclusive Enhanced Version.

Hope this helped so far,
Freda

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:48 pm 

I'll share the differences I have discovered from reading and my own research; first, there are a few technical differences.

• The original FemaSu had 171,622 polygons, the new one has 47,897 polygons, so it's well under one third of the polygon count. I got these figures by importing the .OBJ files into Blender and checking the count there.
  • Because the mesh was rebuilt, possibly from scratch, the UV mapping is very different. It may have been rebuilt using a re-topology tool rather than rebuilt from scratch, but the effect is the same.
  • Some of the joints in the new model have Joint-Controlled Morphs (JCMs) embedded to make the joints bend more convincingly.
  • There are more morphs available, particularly if you buy the expansion pack.
  • There are only slight differences in shape, form and appearance of the final mesh, so a partly completed clothing project I had for the old FemaSu took me only a few minutes to tweak in Blender's modeller to make it fit the new mesh. Rigging will be a different matter of course, I'll have to do that from scatch.

The most important difference is not technical though; the new FemaSu has plenty of support and looks set to get more, some of it from me. A well supported figure is a big bonus to the Poser and DAZ Studio community, making it very flexible.

The man who does not make mistakes usually does not make anything.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:32 pm 

Oh, one thing I didn't mention but it's important; the lower polygon count doesn't just make the main mesh take less memory, it also means that morphs take much less memory too.

The man who does not make mistakes usually does not make anything.

Board index » PoserAddicts II » Product Showcase