Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » PoserAddicts II » Product Showcase




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Wayii's Fabric Table: Arclight for Xena's M4 Geolite
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:27 am
Posts: 682
And a peek at the first stab at Arclight for Xena's M4 Geolite...

Image

This one's on the priority list. Don't worry, though. It won't keep Heavy Metal Fox from coming Very Soon.

Look for both in early October (beta workout willing).

_________________
Image“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's On Wayii's Fabric Table...
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 149
Location: North East USA
WOOT!! Black Iron is looking good. ;)

Not familiar with Xena's outfit though, is that at DAZ?

_________________
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's On Wayii's Fabric Table...
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:27 am
Posts: 682
Huge progress on Arclight today. I might actually make my schedule on these. If I work really hard.
Image

These three are Executive Gray, Red Shift and Starlit. About 1/3 of the way done (according to my original plan of three styles with three color sets per style, three boots and two weapons...) Fortunately, these don't need more of a bump than their primary images provide or I'd have to pack this in two parts. Yes, it's a big set.

_________________
Image“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's On Wayii's Fabric Table...
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 149
Location: North East USA
Geeze Wayii, how do you find time to eat and sleep with all this activity? :lol:

These 3 textures are looking great. Xena's outfit's in my wishlist awaiting DAZ's PC Anniversary madness. :D

_________________
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's On Wayii's Fabric Table...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:27 am
Posts: 682
Miss B wrote:
Geeze Wayii, how do you find time to eat and sleep with all this activity? :lol:

These 3 textures are looking great. Xena's outfit's in my wishlist awaiting DAZ's PC Anniversary madness. :D


When I have this much on my table at once, I tend to forgo a lot of sleep. There's a great deal of a sense of urgency about getting Arclight out the door and into the store. I want to give people more incentive to buy Geolite to encourage Xena to make more for M4. I saw what happened when Connie's Windy Wizard sales didn't meet her expectations. Sure, we got some great boots for V4, but she and her partner are very unlikely to do anything like that for M4 again.

Really solid outfits like Geolite or Pajama that come out without textures tend to be overlooked by customers for that lack. Really quick, quality texture support is seriously needed to give that sort of set the chance for real success that they need. And success is a powerful argument to artists to continue to produce things of a certain kind.

I just finished the eighth of the set and am sorting fabrics for the ninth. After that it's just boots and weapon to do and I can wrap this up and pack it off to beta. My intention is to see it in the store by Tuesday latest. That gives me the rest of next week to finish Heavy Metal Fox. Then I can relax for a few days, since DOA still isn't out and I can be leisurely about the sets for it.

Image

_________________
Image“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's On Wayii's Fabric Table...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 149
Location: North East USA
Wayii wrote:
Really solid outfits like Geolite or Pajama that come out without textures tend to be overlooked by customers for that lack. Really quick, quality texture support is seriously needed to give that sort of set the chance for real success that they need. And success is a powerful argument to artists to continue to produce things of a certain kind.


I've noticed this too. I often "go back" to something that's been in a store for a while because someone like Cho or yourself (or another vendor) does textures for it. I've only tried texturing once, and got carried away with 18 textures for a simple mini dress for V3. I'd like to get back into it, but when I see the work you guys do, I shake my head and say un uh, I've still got a lot to learn. Once I feel more confident about the process, then I wouldn't mind buying something with only a few textures because I can do my own. Unfortunately, most end users don't have any desire to do that so they want it all already made for them. Hence the need for more variety when it comes to clothes for Vicki and Mike (and Hiro, Aiko and now Freak 4).

Keep up the great work g/f. ;)

_________________
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's On Wayii's Fabric Table...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:27 am
Posts: 682
Just keep at it and you'll get that confidence.

Final three. Time to get on those boots and that sword. Rawrs! I'm cooking now.
Image

_________________
Image“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's On Wayii's Fabric Table...
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 149
Location: North East USA
Those look great. Really like the one on the left. Nicely done, as usual. :mrgreen:

_________________
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's On Wayii's Fabric Table...
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:27 am
Posts: 682
Miss B wrote:
Those look great. Really like the one on the left. Nicely done, as usual. :mrgreen:


Thanks, hun. I'm really thriving on your support. It's things like this that get an artist past that rough starting period where people don't really know them and aren't coming out in droves to buy new goodies quite yet. Kind words like yours make it more believable when I tell myself "keep working, they will come".

Arclight should be out in a few days. I just have to finish putting together promos and get everything all shiny in the store. Once that's done, I'll get that torso second skin add-on freebie done and I can go back to finishing Heavy Metal Fox. People are trying to tempt me to pick up a few other projects on short track, but I'm not biting till this is done. Having too many commitments at the same time gets to be a bit like pressure. This business doesn't pay well enough to cover medical expenses brought on by stress and neglect to get up and move around a lot, so I'm not going to put myself there.

_________________
Image“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's On Wayii's Fabric Table...
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 149
Location: North East USA
Wayii wrote:
Thanks, hun. I'm really thriving on your support. It's things like this that get an artist past that rough starting period where people don't really know them and aren't coming out in droves to buy new goodies quite yet. Kind words like yours make it more believable when I tell myself "keep working, they will come".


They WILL come Wayii. PA2 is still new and fresh. Once Antonio finishes uploading all of Royloo's catelogue and other new items, the store should get busy. Just keep posting your previews and final promos at DAZ and elsewhere, and people will show up here for more. ;)

Wayii wrote:
Arclight should be out in a few days. I just have to finish putting together promos and get everything all shiny in the store. Once that's done, I'll get that torso second skin add-on freebie done and I can go back to finishing Heavy Metal Fox. People are trying to tempt me to pick up a few other projects on short track, but I'm not biting till this is done. Having too many commitments at the same time gets to be a bit like pressure. This business doesn't pay well enough to cover medical expenses brought on by stress and neglect to get up and move around a lot, so I'm not going to put myself there.


Oh no, don't stress yourself. Work at YOUR schedule not anyone else's.

I've got Geolight in my wishlist and on my list of goodies for DAZ's PC Anniversary spectacular, so I hope to get Arclight as soon thereafter as I can spare the cash. ~grin~

_________________
It's what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » PoserAddicts II » Product Showcase


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron