Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » PoserAddicts II » Free Stuff

Post subject: Re: Gallowglass for Shadow Dancer
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:47 am 

PoserStar Designs wrote:
Ok TY Now I downloaded into Daz Studio and they don't work for me.
Do I have to something special to these to get them to work??

Do you have V4's Shadow Dancer installed? Wayii's set is just textures, so you need to have Shadow Dancer installed, and then you can select each piece of the outit and select which of Wayii's textures you want to apply.

If you don't have V4's Shadow Dancer, you can get it for free --> http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/shad ... ta=ab&_m=d

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:23 am 

Yes I do have Shadow Dancer D/L!! Ths is how it turns out when I apply the textures!!!

Am I doing something wrong???

Attachments:
Gina5_GunSlinger_PoserStar designs.png
Gina5_GunSlinger_PoserStar designs.png [ 144.05 KiB | Viewed 32310 times ]

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:21 am 

I'm willing to wager you're using Poser. If that is indeed the case, you are going to need to make some adjustments to the surfaces. I'm sorry, but I can't give you instructions because I'm not a Poser user >.< and have no working experience with the program. However, other Poser users say that once you adjust the surfaces, these render beautifully.

One of these days, some kind soul will come along and do surface adjustments on some of these freebies and distribute the pz2s or mc6s for other Poser folk. Until then, I'm afraid that unless it says "adjusted for Poser by..." on it in the description, it's going to be very much a adjust to taste kind of thing.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:47 am 

A suggestion from a fellow Poser user (assuming that this is a Poser-related issue):

Load up the ORIGINAL Shadow Dancer oufit into Poser, WITH the original Shadow Dancer textures applied.

Then MANUALLY load in the relevant textures from Wayii's set (via the Material Room), for each material zone. Once all the textures are loaded in, ADD this to your runtime as a NEW MATERIAL SET (click the + icon to save, then click on Material Collection in the window that opens - click on Select Materials to open another window - click Select All, then Okay. Give the set a NAME, and click OK to save). Once this is done, you can easily apply the texture set via the Material Room. You will need to repeat this for each texture variation - but once done it is simple to reuse them.

You may need to tweak the Material Settings, although by using the original Shadowdancer Outfit as a starting point and loading in Wayii's textures, you should be fairly close to a good result.

Please note that there are large differences to how Daz Studio and Poser handle textures. It is an issue in both directions - most Poser created texture sets don't render very well in Studio by default, and vice-versa. Usually some adjustments in material settings will be required. Just a fact of life, unfortunately.

Cheers :D

Post Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:53 pm 

No Sweeties I am using Daz 3.2 and it is still doing it to me no matter what adjustments are made!!!!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:20 am 

That's very interesting. It took me a while to get DS3 to render without crashing, but my results in it were the same as they are in DS2.3 with the Gallowglass textures.

Here is a render. Pardon the crappy lighting, the pokethrough and all the technical ickiness.

http://hellfireclub.net/freedaz/DS3-test.jpg

Did you by chance change any directory names or rearrange the runtime? It honestly looks as if your DS is not finding the textures (which is what unaltered Poser export materials sometimes look like).

Also, check to be sure you are using the DS matfiles. I know some DS3 users favor using a poser runtime, which does not see the actual DS mats, as they are in the /Content/Materials/ path, NOT the /Runtime/Libraries/Pose/ path.

My apologies for taking a while to get to this. I've been mostly blind for the better part of the day due to having my eyes dilated for testing. Between that and the migraine I got from all the bright light, it's a wonder I got on at all today.

Board index » PoserAddicts II » Free Stuff