Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » PoserAddicts II » Free Stuff

Post subject: Sensible footwear for a wide range of figures
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:53 am 

Hi - I've found my way to this place via the forums at DAZ. It's great to see a new, vibrant, independent store open up for the community!

Not wanting to spam, but I thought I'd post a link to my freebies over at ShareCG (especially for new users who might not have found them yet):
Linkie: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/Headkase

Originally, I created a couple of freebie footwear items for Vicki-4 ("sensible" footwear), and have been busy converting them to fit other figures by request. Currently I'm converting my Sensible Shoes 2.0 for a wide range of figures, and soon I'm planning on starting work on conversions for my Bossy Boots.

I thought I'd mention this here, since I've read that this site supports legacy figures as well as the newest ones (Michael-2, Vicki-2 etc), and that my refit plans include most (if not all) of the older legacy figures out there.

I'm also hoping to produce new freebie content from scratch, in between all the refits (when time allows - anyone know where I can buy some free time? LOL).

Perhaps someday I might consider dipping my toe in as a merchant, but for now I'm having too much fun producing freebies for the community to enjoy.

Cheers,
Headkase :D

Post subject: Re: Sensible footwear for a wide range of figures
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:05 am 

Hey Headkase,

I've downloaded the shoes and used them a couple times already. I want to start finding ways to promote the value of legacy content. Your commitment to such is encouraging. Thanks for stopping by, and when you're ready to think about making the jump to commercial fare, myself and many others around here can help you get started, and explain the benefits of "counter space" here at PA.

Allen

Post subject: Re: Sensible footwear for a wide range of figures
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:31 am 

Hi Allen

I'm glad that you find the freebie shoes useful - it's always good to know that people make use of my work.

Yeah, the legacy figures are much underrated in regards to usefulness. Perhaps not so great in close-up (although they aren't *that* bad if you use good textures and know their mesh limitations), but they are very lightweight when used as background figures. (Vicki-3 Reduced Resolution is quite useful in that regard too). Since I've had so many requests for refits, I've decided to eventually work my way down my to-do list to cover all the old legacy figures as well as the more popular current ones. All just a matter of getting time to get around to them all.

Becoming a merchant....? The thought has crossed my mind, although I'm not sure whether the effort to return ratio is worth it (not that I'm expecting to make any kind of living from it; perhaps some minor funds to support my 3D-related expenses). I have absolutely no idea of what to expect in that regard. Once I hone my skills to a level I'm satisfied with, I'll consider having a go with an experimental release - although having actual time to do anything is a major obstacle. One day....

Anyway, until then, I'll keep working away on my little niche freebies/conversions.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers :D

Board index » PoserAddicts II » Free Stuff