Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Contact Forums » Product Support Forum

Post subject: A3 Lioness zip missing textures?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:59 am 

Hey all,

Just picked up Royloo's Lioness for A3 as my first purchase here and found out (only when I first tried to load it) that my zip file is apparently missing the textures. It has a runtime folder, and within are a libraries folder and a geometries folder, but no textures folder.

Is this an oversight, or is it incorrectly listed as a standalone product and requires the V4 version?

Thanks in advance!

Mark H

Post subject: Re: A3 Lioness zip missing textures?
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:40 pm 

Hey there, Mark.

I can't say for sure, as I don't yet own a copy of Lioness, but many of Royloo's creations use shaders in lieu of actual texture files. The models are so detailed that they tend to stand on their own with a coat of color over the material zones. I've done a number of texture expansions for his sets and most of them have come this way.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:38 pm 

Wayii wrote:
Hey there, Mark.

I can't say for sure, as I don't yet own a copy of Lioness, but many of Royloo's creations use shaders in lieu of actual texture files. The models are so detailed that they tend to stand on their own with a coat of color over the material zones. I've done a number of texture expansions for his sets and most of them have come this way.

Thanks for the quick response, Wayii!

I was really hoping that was the case, but I took a closer look at the zip file and the cr2's in there today, because it locked Poser 7 up when I tried to use it last night. There are definitely no shaders (or anything in the way of material files) in the Library folder, though. And sure enough, the cr2's have numerous lines that reference actual texture maps (textureMap ":Runtime:Textures:royloo:Ck:Lioness:LHelmet-Tex.jpg", etc.). The readme lists a bunch of textures in the File Listing that apparently should be packaged up with the product:

Documentation wrote:
Runtime\Textures\royloo\Ck\Lioness\
LArms-Bum.jpg
LArms-Tex.jpg
LBelt-Bum.jpg
LBelt-Tex.jpg
LBoots-Bum.jpg
LBoots-Tex.jpg
LHelmet-Bum.jpg
LHelmet-Tex.jpg
LSkirt-Bum.jpg
LSkirt-Tex.jpg
LThong-Bum.jpg
LThong-Tex.jpg

Would there be any possibility the texture maps could be packaged into the zip file so I could download it again and get them? I'd really appreciate it!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:22 pm 

Well crap. >.< As I'd mentioned, Lioness is one of Royloo's sets that I don't have (yet). Antonio (our store and site owner) is in the hospital right now or he'd have already contacted you to resolve the problem (he's really amazing about that sort of thing).

Perhaps if you sent Yanelis3D or AbbyMorgan a mail to bring their attention to it they may be able to help you with this and have a look at the download for that set to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:53 am 

I appreciate the help! I'll try to send off a note to one or the other and bring it to their attention, and in the meantime I'll see if I can save copies of the cr2's with no textures to get them to load up as-is. Thank you very much for your help!

Mark

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:58 am 

I wish I could have done more, but I'm just one of the PAs (and not even a major one at that). :(

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:55 pm 
Site Admin

I will look over the Lioness Files to see if there is indeed a missing file. We have over 680 products from Royloo in the store and its possible that he gave us a file that was missing its 2nd part.

Let me look into this for you.

I just got out of the hospital yesterday evening, so I am doing things at a very very slow pace, but will get to it for you.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

I found the problem. I am currently reuploading the product with the corrected texture folder in place. Once its uploaded to the store-space, I will set it in place in the product area and reset your download so you can re-download the corrected ZIP file.

I have repacked the ZIP with the proper Textures in place.

Sorry for this confusion, but I have to do most of the customer support stuff myself. Not sure how this product has been sold elsewhere so long without anyone noticing that the textures were missing altogether. I have remedied this.

You will receive an email directly telling you your order has been reset.

Board index » Contact Forums » Product Support Forum