Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Contact Forums » Product Support Forum

Post subject: Make the product thumbnails clearer!
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:00 pm 

If something is an addon, or a texture set, PLEASE, put a prominent "REQUIRED PRODUCTS" where you can't freaking miss it. In bright red so dummies like me can notice it.
Also, if it's DAZ STUDIO, make that a prominent notice as well.

I just bought Bath Lux and completely missed that it wasn't the actual clothing set, because I added it from the BUY button on the listings, where NONE of the above is evident.
I then extracted it (luckily I don't install straight into my runtime) and saw all the DS stuff - whee, I'd missed that bit too. Probably because it's not on the thumbnail product listing in the main catalog, but only on the actual product description page.
Yes, I should have looked there, but I didn't. I bought it from the thumbnail listing.

I went back when I saw no libraries, just textures, so see what the deal was, what I'd missed and low and behold... When I went all the way in, THAT'S when I found out it was:
A: Daz Studio
B: A texture addon.

So...

Now what do I do?
I will get the pajama set, but I don't need a DS only texture set for it, since I don't use DS and if I have to fiddle and make my own mats... nah. I do my own textures as well then, you know?

Post subject: Re: Make the product thumbnails clearer!
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:07 pm 

As the creator of the product in question and the image in question, I apologize for your confusion. However, I would like to point out that on the promo thumbnail in question that it indicates that it is a Daz Stdio Only product and that it is made for Royloo's M4/H4 Pajama set.

I definitely recommend the clothing mesh that it is made for. It's well made and very nice. I'm not entirely sure about the returns policy, but I'm quite sure Antonio can help you out with that.

If you DO ever decide that you want a texture expansion, there are a couple of very nice Poser products here in the store for Pajama that I'm sure you'd enjoy.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:24 am 

Oh I still have it. :)
I might make Poser Mats for it, seeing as I got it now. I do like the textures, I'm just a lazy person. :)

However... the actual product listings (you know, the big long list with the thumbnails, with the buy button on it) need to state such things, I think.
That's where the impulse buys come from (I didn't click through, I just spotted it, was in a rush and whomped it in the cart because it was something I'd always wanted.)

And I did get the Pajama set, natch :)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:36 am 

Brilliant. Hope you post a few renders of what you do with it. Royloo's work is just so cool in action. I'm a total Royloo fan.

Board index » Contact Forums » Product Support Forum