Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Contact Forums » Product Support Forum

Post subject: Problem with DEAN
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:33 pm 

Is anyone else having a problem with Dean from Sophi? It was just released and I purchased it, but cannot get it to work.

Here are two print screens to show you what I get:

Attachments:
File comment: Here is where the head is a problem
2 really big head a.jpg
2 really big head a.jpg [ 24.43 KiB | Viewed 16966 times ]
File comment: Here is where a file is missing
1 No Map a.jpg
1 No Map a.jpg [ 30.73 KiB | Viewed 16966 times ]

Post subject: Re: Problem with DEAN
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:57 pm 

Hi foxylady.

First and foremost, thank you for purchasing Dean and please accept my apologies for the issues you are having. I'm sure they can be resolved!

Secondly: could i ask which version of Poser are you using? (it looks like Poser 7, is it?)

I've tested the pack in Poser 7/8 and DAZ Studio 2.3 and 3.0 myself, but will go over it again to see what's causing the BIG head especially!!

for the MORPHS:
To have the morph work you need to have M4 morphs++ from DAZ3D
Morphs++ need to be initialised correctly and you must also have the latest version of M4 (M4 base was updated after the release of Freak 4). If you haven't got the latest version, please reset your M4 from DAZ, download, install, and finally initialise.

If that doesn't work, see whether injecting the HEADSize morphoform (from morphs++) and zeroing it sets things straight. (although it shouldn't really be a problem as it's not injected in the original morph)

For the MATERIALS:
The mats you'll need to use are the ones that ARE NOT marked with a DS3, as these are for DAZ Studio users only (I can see you are using the correct one for Dean goatee - the very first one).

does the NOMAP notification come up with all the mat pose files? If you click cancel, do the rest of the files load correctly?

Just loaded up a fresh M4 in P7 and then used the INJ morph. No big head so far. Looking at the pz2 files again in case i missed out on something that's not detectable in DS.

the nomap issue you are getting I'll have to look further into. It might be the fact that the poses are converted from materials (mc6)?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:19 pm 

SophiD wrote:
Hi foxylady.

First and foremost, thank you for purchasing Dean and please accept my apologies for the issues you are having. I'm sure they can be resolved!

Secondly: could i ask which version of Poser are you using? (it looks like Poser 7, is it?)

I've tested the pack in Poser 7/8 and DAZ Studio 2.3 and 3.0 myself, but will go over it again to see what's causing the BIG head especially!!

for the MORPHS:
To have the morph work you need to have M4 morphs++ from DAZ3D
Morphs++ need to be initialised correctly and you must also have the latest version of M4 (M4 base was updated after the release of Freak 4). If you haven't got the latest version, please reset your M4 from DAZ, download, install, and finally initialise.

If that doesn't work, see whether injecting the HEADSize morphoform (from morphs++) and zeroing it sets things straight. (although it shouldn't really be a problem as it's not injected in the original morph)

For the MATERIALS:
The mats you'll need to use are the ones that ARE NOT marked with a DS3, as these are for DAZ Studio users only (I can see you are using the correct one for Dean goatee - the very first one).

does the NOMAP notification come up with all the mat pose files? If you click cancel, do the rest of the files load correctly?

Just loaded up a fresh M4 in P7 and then used the INJ morph. No big head so far. Looking at the pz2 files again in case i missed out on something that's not detectable in DS.

the nomap issue you are getting I'll have to look further into. It might be the fact that the poses are converted from materials (mc6)?

I did not have the correct version of M4, once I fixed that, no more big head.

But I still get the nomap message when trying to load Dean. I do not try to load the DS files, only the Poser files.

I use Poser 7 (Poser 8 is still to unstable for my liking).

When I click cancel, it ends. But I do not know if it is finished loading anymore texture files. Tell me how to check that, I will try to supply additional information.

Thank you supporting your product, so many PAs do not.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:46 pm 

excellent foxylady!
Glad one problem is out of the way 8-)

as for the NO_MAP issue:

Could you please download the test PZ2 I've attached (MAT_EI_smd_Dean_Goatee_M4 TEST.pz2).

Attachment:
File comment: Test MAT pose file
MAT_EI_smd_Dean_Goatee_M4 TEST.zip [7.84 KiB]
Downloaded 921 times

Unzip the file to desktop then put it inside the Runtime you have installed Dean in

Runtime/libraries/pose/EI_smd_Dean_M4

Finally, open Poser 7 and load M4. Select M4 and click on that pz2 (it won't have a thumbnail) to see if the problem persists.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:14 pm 

SophiD,

That fixed the problem. In fact the goatee version now loads in less than 2 seconds. What service!!!

Now, could you fix the non Goatee version please, it looks for a no map also (and give us new thumbnails, I hate that shrugging man).

This is a great character for M4 and I hope you have hundreds of sales for him. His price being under $10.00 US was the initial reason I purchased him and the fact that he was drop dead rugged and handsome.

RenderScot over on the Daz forums has been a calming factor also. If you are reading this RenderScot, thank you for your help, but I will contact you seperately.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:23 pm 

Fantastic!!

Good to know the new file worked for you! Please download the attached zip with corrected files.

unzip in Directory where you initially installed dean and allow it to overwrite the originals. 8-)

the zip file contains the folder structure Runtime/libraries/pose/EI_smd_Dean_M4

Thanks again for purchasing Dean and for your patience!

All the very best :D

PS: Renderscot is indeed a gem and extremely helpful as well as resourceful :) He also suggested that it might be that you haven't got the latest Service Release for Poser 7 that might be causing the issue. So, just in case you do not have Poser 7 SR3, head over to SmithMicro
http://poser.smithmicro.com/updates.html#poser , download and install it.

It's marked: Poser 7 Service Release 3 - ENGLISH ONLY
Updates all English versions of Poser 7 to 7.0.4
make sure you download the Windows version

Attachments:
File comment: corrected files
Runtime.zip [61.29 KiB]
Downloaded 857 times

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:55 pm 

I downloaded the file and will install it in a minute. I just wanted you to know that my Poser program does have the most current service release, so I am at 7.04.

I am off to update my files and will let you know in a minute. Thank you so much for re-acting so quickly.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:37 pm 

Okay. Everything is right with the files. No more looking for items. No more big heads. Thank you.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:30 am 

Thanks Foxylady!

Very glad that this has been resolved :)

Happy rendering! :D

Board index » Contact Forums » Product Support Forum